Submit a Proposal
Please send your proposal opportunity (attached files and/or links) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Pre-Award Representative will review and confirm eligibility, TAMU’s eligibility, and the proposal deadline. The representative can provide more detailed instructions relevant to individual submissions. As soon as possible, please fill out the Proposal Notification Submission Form. If you have questions about submitting a proposal or the process, please use the email link above to request a meeting in your office based to your availability.
Find a Funding Source
An enterprise-wide system that supports researchers and research administration.
- Provide researchers with timely and accurate information. Manage research activities and establish collaborations.
- Publish research key performance indicators for all TAMUS institutions and Board of Regents.
- Streamline research administration processes to cut inefficiencies and improve turnaround time.
Provides researcher profiles and funding opportunities.
- Pre-populated profiles of public literature databases, university websites, and online CVs.
- Find potential collaborators with the desired expertise.
The fundamental goal of the USRI is to give students an opportunity to learn to conduct research. Undergraduate student participants will learn scientific reasoning, research methods, theoretical principles, and scientific communication.
- Give TAMU undergraduate students exposure conducting original research;
- Raise awareness of studies in education, health, and the social sciences.
- Promote interactions with CEHD faculty through immersion in the research environment.
- Send applications to Windy Hollis for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Learn More About The USRI – Applications Currently Closed.
Facilities and Administrative Costs
Submit a request for Waiver of Indirect Costs by emailing email@example.com. The waiver must include
- The benefit to A&M, state, and/or nation.
- An abstract & budget
- Submission date & pre-award contact
- A percentage of time spent on and off campus, if applicable.
Our office routes proposals after waiver approval, so start this process early.
48.5% for on-campus time 26% for off-campus
- Proposal budgets must include the tuition rates for graduate students.
- Fringe Benefits – 17.5% of salary for faculty/staff and 10.7% for graduate students
- Faculty & staff medical insurance rate is $745/month. Graduate student insurance is $386/month.
- Talk to your department head early in your budget planning process to determine department costs of buying out of a course.
Pro Active Interim Funding
Easy steps to activate this new service:
1. Forward to Clayton Holle at firstname.lastname@example.org your notice of award, with “interim funding set-up request” somewhere in the subject line or text.
2. We will contact you within one business day to discuss your particular needs.
3. For federal/state-funded awards: we will promptly submit required interim funding budget forms to SRS for its approval, and will follow up frequently until SRS interim budget is activated. For private/commercial awards: we will promptly create a CERD interim funding account.
The Research and Development Post-Award Office is responsible for helping principal investigators and research personnel with the efficient and effective fiscal management of external grants and contracts once awarded.
Tasks performed by the R&D Post-Award Offices:
- Interim funding and account setup
- Hiring of research personnel including staff, GARs, and student workers
- PI grant research effort
- Payroll actions for research personnel
- GAR tuition payments
- Research travel
- Research stipend payments
- Independent contractor payments
- Supply and equipment orders
- Expenditure reports
- Research account reconciliation and monitoring
The R&D Post-Award Office does not provide the above services for internal awards, faculty IDC accounts, or salary saving accounts. Please contact department personnel for balances and processing of expenditures on these accounts.
Funding approval may take several months. Contact TAMUS Sponsored Research Services (SRS) for approval status. SRS will negotiate the funding and set up an account for your research.
Your departmental financial staff will help you access funds. Notify Clayton Holle of funding approval or if you would like to meet to discuss your project.
SRS Post-Award Contact
For EAHR, EPSY, & TLAC contact Christine Orozco email@example.com
For HLKN contact Cody Ballard firstname.lastname@example.org